Monday, September 21, 2015

Arts & Crafts Time

Recently, I've been mulling over the thought of what I would include in my first substantial blog post (which would be this one.) My mind has been wandering in circles trying to pin point just what I want to write about, and I have been thinking about what has stood out to me that has made me truly happy.

Honestly, for today, I would have to say that both my drawing and watercolor classes have been true sources of my joy. With visual arts as my second major, I've really been able to immerse myself in one of my core passions through both my drawing and watercolor classes.

I have always found both painting and drawing to be captivating activities. The way that the paint flows so eloquently and the pencil marks up the paper brings such content to me. By being able to create, I have control over what I want to make and how I want it to look.

While I do sketch on my own every now and then, I have found genuine bliss in fine tuning some important skills in a classroom setting. Having assignments set by both my instructor and myself have given me a source of discipline in my craftsmanship with deadlines and certain techniques to practice that I might not want to do otherwise.

Regardless of if I want to or not, using certain drawing utensils or methods that I might find tedious are what will make me a better artist in over time. Habit and repetition will also keep me sharp in my ability, and without it, I would never really learn.

Because drawing and painting are two of my favorite outlets for relaxation in my life, these classes are rather important to me. Even though they may not bring the same thrills to others as they do to me, I am able to say that I'm happy when I am involved with them, and that's enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment