Saturday, October 24, 2015

Why I Love My Best Friend



My best friend has been by my side for about six years now, so I figured I'd do an appreciation post in honor of such a milestone. I wanted to put this post in a list format, but I quickly realized that the list could go on for pages and pages.

There's a saying, "A true friend is the greatest of all blessings."  No matter the challenges that I'm faced with or the treacherous paths I have to cross in life, I know that she's always going to be there cheering me on.

No matter what I've been going through, she's always been the person that I've been able to fall back on. She's my biggest cheerleader (especially when I'm skipping out at Sectionals). She gives me encouragement when I'm in my lowest of lows and slaps some sense into me when I need it, which I'm always thankful for.

You never truly appreciate an unbreakable friendship until you realize that you can't have the same range of conversations with anyone else, ranging from absolutely ridiculous to the most uplifting. We tell each other absolutely everything, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

We defeated the dreaded middle school years together before we went on to continue our high school experience side-by-side. Now, we're both sophomores in college and we're miles apart. It's so different and I wish we were conquering it together, but we're both pursuing great feats for our futures.

If there's anyone who can get through anything, I know that it's Shelby. She's been faced with a lot (including countless sports injuries), but you'd never know it by the smile on her face. It takes a special person to have such courage, and she has it. I'm not sure I know many people who have a bigger heart, either.

If I could look back and re-tell all of the stories and adventures that we've endured together, I would probably be talking for weeks. We've been through some of the craziest situations together and I really don't think that I've laughed with anyone harder than I have with her. From odd strangers to Pizza Hut floors, we've actually been through everything. I love you, and thank you for being my best friend, Shelby Claire Grove (and I hope your stubbed toe feels better)!








No comments:

Post a Comment