Friday, August 12, 2016

August 2016's "Summer Set"

If you took the time to read my last post, then you might recall that I mentioned creating a "Summer Set" with some of my favorite gems in life at the moment. As promised, here's a little list that I've compiled. Be sure to be on the lookout for some more blog posts, including a set for every month!

1. Starbucks' Purple Drink
http://starbuckssecretmenu.net/starbucks-secret-menu-purple-drink-is-the-new-internet-sensation/

Okay. I already know how "basic" this sounds from the title of the item alone, but HEAR ME OUT. This is probably one of the greatest things that I have ever ordered from Starbucks, and it's the perfect refresher on any hot day. Simply order an Iced Passion Tango Tea and ask for soy milk instead of water, a few pumps of vanilla syrup, and blackberries. You definitely won't regret it.

2. Stephen King's It

I'm obviously behind on the trends here, but this read falls under the category of "oldie, but a goodie." I bought this book a while ago, never got around to reading it, and rediscovered it when I was cleaning my disaster of a room one day. If you're into thrillers, mysteries, and anything to do with Stephen King, I highly recommend this for you. (If you have a fear of clowns though, maybe don't read it.) There's a remake of the 1990 film coming out in 2017 too, in case you needed another reason to read it.

3. Post Malone

Ordinarily, I've been more of an indie/chillout type of music person. My best friend got Justin Bieber tickets for her birthday and chose to take me as her plus one, and Post Malone was one of the opening acts at the concert. He was honestly probably the realest act of the night and actually acted like he wanted to be there (unlike Moxie Raia or even Justin Bieber himself). If you've heard his single "White Iverson" and enjoyed it, check out some of his other songs, like "Go Flex" and "Too Young."

4. Lilly Pulitzer

I'm a huge sucker for organization when it comes to planning out my life. This year's Lilly Pulitzer planners have everything that you need for the Type A side to your personality. It even includes two of the cutest sheets of stickers filled with potential events, like "long weekend" and "date night," to stick on days and to make your week a look little more fun. The whole planner is filled with popping watercolor-like images, so even if you opt not to use the stickers, it's still super chic. (Side note: They have a planner with little gold elephants all over it, which is obviously the one that I bought with my elephant obsession and all. Seriously. Give them your money ASAP.)

5. NYX Lip Lingerie
This is probably my favorite lip product of all time. NYX Lingerie is a silky and rich color available in 12 different nude shades. It stays on for a lot longer than most products, and it's super lightweight with a matte finish. My personal go-to shades are Corset and Push-Up, but make sure to buy them according to what you love the most!

Keep on the lookout for my fall set, and many more frequent posts to come. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment