Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Cherishing the Little Things




Tonight, I chatted with my sister for awhile on the phone. I had caught a case of the writer's block in the middle of our conversation and asked her what I should write about. As I expected, she didn't really help at all, but we were still able to laugh excessively and have a great talk as we normally do.

It really just hit me a few minutes ago that she gave me my story idea on accident. Remembering to cherish the little moments is one of the most important things in life, from simple phone conversations to receiving great news. The picture above really sums it up for me: "Enjoy the little things in life, for someday you will realize they were the big things." I can't emphasize this enough.

Getting a good grade on a test, having a fun time with friends, or even just enjoying the scenery around you are all moments that are worth remembering and pausing for a second to take it all in. It's times like these that will leave you with the biggest smiles at some times.

So, in this shorter-than-usual post, I dare you to stop. Look at your surroundings, and think about all of the great things that you did or that happened to you today. Who did you talk with that made you happy, or what conversations made you smile? What did you see that caught your eye? What happened that was worth remembering? I can guarantee that everyone smiled at least once today or thought about a memory that they wish that they could go back to. Whatever it was, I challenge you to find it again and pursue it.

Seize the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment