Monday, November 23, 2015

Just A Few Things To Be Thankful For


I want to start off by saying that I am going to try and make this post the least amount of cliché that I possibly can. With Thanksgiving a measly three days away, I really want to highlight just a few things that I am thankful for in my crazy, beautiful life.

For starters, I am beyond blessed with my incredible family. I recently wrote a post for "The Odyssey" thanking my parents for everything that they have done for me, and I meant every word. I love my huge, wild family, and I would not want it any other way. Even though I might not get to see them as often as I might like to while I am at school, it just makes me cherish the time that I do get to spend with them a little bit more.

This brings me to the second thing that I am thankful for, my school. St. Bonaventure University is one of my favorite places in the world. It is not just a community here, it is a family. Exhilarating basketball games, buffalo chicken wraps from the RC and lifetime friendships are just a few things that I fall in love with every day while being here.

If not for my university, I would not have met some of the nicest people that I know. Great friends are hard to come by, but you guys have made it easy to find. I am also so lucky to have some amazing friends back home, including my very best friend. Overall, it is safe to say that I have a pretty swell support system.

I am thankful for the National Guard and my wonderful boyfriend who is training with them as we speak. Anyone who chooses to join something so honorable is extremely brave in my book. Thank you to every member in each branch of the military who have chosen to fight for and protect our country, keeping us all safe everyday. I am blessed to be an American.

Food to eat, clothes to wear, and a roof to sleep under are the typical answers since childhood, but they never stop being true. There are so many people who do not have much of anything at all, and it breaks my heart everyday. I am fortunate to call myself privileged, especially given the impoverished circumstances of people around the world everyday.

This list could go on forever, but I want to end this one by saying that I am thankful for hope. Hope for brighter days, hope for a kinder world, hope for peace. If there is nothing that we can do about something, we can fight and hope for more.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment