Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Finding and Following Your Passion


Ever since I can remember, I have had a distinct attachment to writing and the arts. I have always been attracted to the aspect of being able to make creations from ideas that I have in my mind and being able to bring them to life.

Even though I always knew that I had a passion for art and writing, I was always very timid about sharing some of my work with other people. For a long time, I lived in a constant state of thinking that what I had was not good enough in comparison to what someone else might have to offer. 

In high school, I was especially wary about my own writing until my AP English teacher encouraged me to enter myself into a regional writing contest. I had written a personal narrative on the harms of fracking from my family's experience, and she loved it. Hesitantly, I took her advice and submitted my piece. Two months later, I found out that I was a winner.

More often than not, stepping out of your comfort zone is the key to finding success. As Hunter S. Thompson once said, "Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing."

If you love to do something and find yourself getting excited about it, follow it. Don't let it die out or give up on it by settling for something less. There are opportunities to pursue what you want to do all around, whether you think so or not. Start by looking for them, even in the unlikeliest of places.

Take risks, be adventurous, and don't hesitate. Give it your all, and nothing less. You might be surprised at how happy you are in the place that you end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment