Saturday, December 19, 2015

Artist of the Week: Kerstin Brätsch


With the chaos of my first semester of my sophomore year in college coming to an end and the holidays in full gear, I've finally managed to find some time to sit at my computer screen and compose my thoughts (and myself) together. This week, I thought that I would feature German painter Kerstin Brätsch.


Brätsch is someone that I have only recently come across. Regardless, that doesn't prevent some of her pieces from being among my top favorites already. The young artist has already become a big part of the art world, with some of her pieces featured in the Museum of Modern Art in New York City.


To say that her work is eye-catching would be an understatement. Her art has so much emotion and volition put into it that you can see it by a mere glance. With every stroke of paint, there is a deeper meaning just beyond the eye's grasp. Unlike other artists, Brätsch's pieces differ in color schemes, patterns, and general themes. While her work remains abstract, she tends to incorporate various styles and themes throughout her creations.


I can honestly say that I am more than thankful for coming across such a creative soul. With every untamed line and splotch of color, each piece is just as good as the next (if not better).



No comments:

Post a Comment