Wednesday, December 23, 2015

7 Good Reads


With Christmas Day less than 48 hours away, things have been getting rather stressful in my house. Cooking, cleaning, gift wrapping and last minute shopping endeavors have been consuming each and every hour.

With the minimal times of relaxation that I do have in times of chaos, getting lost in a good book is usually at the top of my to-do list. Because of the limited time that I have within the next few days, here is a list of some of my favorite books that you might be able to snag soon (with schedules permitting).

1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
A classic story of love and learning, and forever one of my favorites.

2. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Another timeless tale written by Jane Austen, a wonderful author with even better content.

3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
If you've seen the movie but haven't yet read the book, I highly recommend doing so. Being in high school can be a confusing and difficult time, which Chbosky portrays beautifully.

4. The Works of Edgar Allan Poe (Volumes 1-5) by Edgar Allan Poe
As a poetry snob, I have always admired Poe and his mysterious mannerisms. From "Annabel Lee" to "The Fall of the House of Usher," each piece is sure to leave you hanging off of the edge of your seat.

5. The Works of Lord Byron (Volumes 1-6) by Lord Byron
Byron's poems are not as dark as Poe's and tend to have more romantic ideas involved. As on of my favorite poets, I could read each piece again and again.

6. The Shining by Stephen King
King flawlessly writes his books with a sense of mystique that leaves readers with chills. If you haven't taken the time to immerse yourself in this classic, I highly recommend that you do.

7.  Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
A perfect book about a girl that we can all relate to at one point or another.

Of course, the list could go on and on. Once things start to slow down and I can indulge myself with some more reads, I'll make sure to come here and share my discoveries.


No comments:

Post a Comment