Friday, December 11, 2015

Artist of the Week: Charmaine Olivia


This week's artist is someone who I'm actually surprised that I haven't mentioned earlier. I first started following Charmaine Olivia on Instagram (@charmaineolivia) about a year ago and have been keeping up with her exquisite work ever since.


I have been a huge fan of the oil painter for quite some time now. The way that she is able to bring such vibrant colors together in the most elegant way possible is a talent that I envy greatly.

 

While Charmaine Olivia primarily paints portraits of other people, she does occasionally add her own twist to items and figures found in the everyday world around us.


As I mentioned earlier, she has a keen sense for painting delicate portraits of many different people, especially pop culture icons like Marilyn Monroe, who is used in quite a few. Other famous muses used include two of my favorite celebrities: Johnny Depp and Lana Del Rey.


Hands down, Charmaine Olivia is one artist that I highly favor in today's day and age. If you like what you see, take a look at her pristine website www.charmaineolivia.com to peek at her gallery, follow her on social media and potentially purchase some paintings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment